Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - First time at the track 1/8th mile
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
venomfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 907
What I Drive: A fast 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 venomfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First time at the track 1/8th mile

Civic: claimed he only had a D-16 i beat him but it wasnt by much. first time it was by inches, second time was by a little more. After that he parked it.
tried launching with out a lot of tire spin...that method is not for my car. not enough low end torque to keep the rev in the power band.

SVT: first time he beat me. bogged bad at the line thought i would pull it thru at the end.....nope ran out of room to catch him. Plus, I was doing back to back runs all night with no cool time for the clutch. when we raced me he was fresh off the bench an i done played 3 quarters. Felt like i was shifting a automatic from 1 to 2nd
Second run same result but it was much closer.
3rd run I beat him. Got the tires spining but not too much a spining/gripping at the same time. Bang the limiter coming out of second gear. Then powered it home. got him by a car or 1/2 car.

SS cobolt: ran him once got me by a car lenth.

G6:....Got'em Coach!!!

V6 stang: Saw his head lights in rear view mirror.

I think i did pretty good with the kumho 711, with a the trunk full of stuff. had a good productive night. Learn alot about my car and how to drive it again. wanna try do some autoxing and see how the engine acts