Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2000 Civic SI.....
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 02:48 AM   #24
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 184,946, Level 100
Points: 184,946, Level: 100 Points: 184,946, Level: 100 Points: 184,946, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
I'll tell you....I just lost my 02 SVTF w/tom's tune, Borla, SSR rims, Short shift, suspension. My son totalled it two weeks ago...thank God he is okay. I wanted another SVTF but couldn't find one locally or one in as good a shape as mine. I test drove a Cobalt SS, WRX, used STi, and various other cars and happened to come up on an 06 Si and after driving it, I fell in love with it...many of the things I liked about my SVTF..N/A, handling, etc. made me want the Si and I'll tell you...not proud to say it...but my 06 Si is a lot better overall car then my SVTF was...it's also 4 years newer...but it handles better, is quicker, the shifter is the best I've driven...even friends with Foci who drive my Si can't believe how good it is and want one...

The last generation Si (160hp) was not much competition to the SVTF but, the new Si is a completely different beast...as for auto-x, I haven't had an opportunity to auto-x my Si but everything points to it being a great auto-xer..the new Si even comes with a stock Helical LSD....

A pic of my SVTF in it's glory...

The accident...
First off, glad that your son is okay! Wow, that looks nasty

Secondly, I totally agree with your comment about the new Si! After test driving a 07 Si (it was a sedan but still fun), I fell in love. It handles awesomely, fun as heck to drive (yes VTEC is just as addictive as boost) & gets great gas mileage. We traded in a 05 ST for a 07 Si coupe & I wish we would have done it sooner then we did!

(Yeah, I know this is off-topic so sue me)