Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - This weekends autoX in the mighty focus!
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #10
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiterZTS View Post
wow that was cool....really wanna try

i know this quastion has been asked 25434654657 times....but what is the ultimate good size of rims and tires for some autoX? 15"? 205/50?
For starters....run what you brung.

You are used to the way the car behaves now and it will provide you with a baseline. Change tires and wheels out for your first AX and the car will handle like a completely different animal. So much so that you will wonder why you ever spent $1200+

So, get out with what you have. Don't worry about being fast or competitive. Get out, try it and have fun. The worst thing you can do is to drop a ton of money expecting to be competitive and come away disappointed.

You'll have a lot of support at these events as a novice. No one will treat you like a Leper. They'll have lots and lots of advice - listen to them. Get a few events under your belt and decide if this is something you really WANT to do, not just "try". Then think about investing in new rubber and tires.

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock