View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 08:30 AM   #6
dameon81
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24572
What I Drive: 2001 Twilight Blue ZX3 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 dameon81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Im having this exact problem. Started 2 days ago. My Instrument panel is out, as are my Parking lights (front and rear) and my Plate lights. Turn signals still work, as do head lights and fogs when the switch is on (but i have no taillights at night! ). Tracked it down to "Fuse #32". Replaced it with the standard 10a while the Headlight Switch was "on" (oops) and it popped immediately. Put a 15a in with the switch off and turned the switch on and it popped immediately. Theres an obvious short somewhere..... just not sure where .

Due to rain for the last few days I havent been able to attempt any of the suggested fixes, but I've heard several different suggestions from various posts talking about the same thing.

If anyone has a more solid solution, lemme know asap! Im going to try to salvage a Headlight switch Assembley and also check the Rear Plate Light connections, since both have come up as solutions and Ill repost if I find anything definite.

My ZX3 Is my Problem Child & We have a love/hate relationship. Currently we're back to "Like".
Zetec Crew #263