Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Possessed Focus: Wipers moving when parked
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
joefish
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 47746
What I Drive: 2006 Tonic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 1 joefish Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Possessed Focus: Wipers moving when parked

I got an '06 Focus LX at the end of January, and in February had an electrical glitch.

I came back to the car one rainy evening to find the indicators and wipers going, even with the ignition off and the doors locked. When I got in and started the ignition it calmed down, but I got a beep from the dashboard whenever I turned on something electrical (lights, indicators, etc.). When I parked up it started again, so I had to lock it, then disconnect the battery to leave it.

The dealer said there was a corroded relay in a pack in the boot, which they replaced and re-sealed. It did it again a few days later (though just for a few seconds), and the partner dealership said it was caused by a loose connection in the fusebox, confusing the timer controller (that regulates indicators, wipers and hazard lights).

It was fine after that, but just this last week I had a beep again turning the ignition off, and a few times I've come back to it in a carpark to find the wipers have moved up on the windscreen. It'd be nice to think it's just flicking off junk mail and parking tickets, but I think it's something else. I've checked all the connectors to the fusebox myself, and they're all sound.

Does anyone have any better ideas what may be happening?