Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ABS limiting at the track/AX?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 12:13 AM   #12
eventerke
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41299
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 3 eventerke Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tua03332 View Post
pulling the fuse as you all noted creates a problem for the less seasoned driver, but for someone who has raced for a while now especially somthing like an MR2, having the rear end "happy" can actually be a benefit if you know how to use it to your advantage and still eliminating the problem with traction control. Since you are switching tires very soon, i recommend on keeping the fuse in and making sure you are 100% comfortable with the car before you try pulling the fuse. It only helps me have more fun around course, not neccessarrily faster since i MAY have only found like .5secs on the leader
Slightly diff situation, it sounds like. If you upgraded your front brakes only, you shifted the bias forward, and pulling the fuse slightly overcompensated.
Don't know, but I would guess the SVT has different natural brake bias/ABS programming than a sedan.

Thanks for the tips - been braking with my toes all day.

Another thing that really helped is I got a Schroth Rallye4 harness before the event - being glued in the seat let my feet and hands work the controls rather than support my body.