Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - South East Roll Call---->Introduce Yourself!
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #308
foundonroadalive
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46468
What I Drive: 2013 fiesta titanium blue candy

FF Reputation: 1 foundonroadalive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ok.....here I am.

I have been here a couple of weeks. I am a performing musician and music teacher. My hobbies are trumpet playing, going to the gym, and driving my focus. I am not kidding....I really love my car.

A few months ago I totaled out a Mitsubishi Outlander. I got some insurance money, paid it off, and had a couple of thou to spare. I had not had a ford in a while, the last time being 1998..a mustang gt. I am older than most of you,59, and I have owned and liked many Fords.

I decided to visit Hastings Ford in Greenville, NC. My wife has a Scion xA....I am primarily interested in economy and fun
to drive. I looked at one, and the price has gone up to 15 and change. Then, in Consumer Reports, theyrecommended looking at a Focus as an alternative. So, I picked out my light blue zx3....I like the hatchback the best. Sticker was 16,400. Salesman took off 2400, then there was a 2500 factory rebate. Needless to say, this is a hell of a car for 11,500. I love everything about it.....fun to drive, good economy, just slightly less than the noisy underpowered Scion. Beautiful to look at. It has a great feel, truly sporty. The 2.0 seems fine, and I just c ant say enough. The salesman was a no b.s. guy, and I closed the deal in 30 minutes. So, now I am now foundonroadalive and could not be more pleased. Why is ford doing away with the hatchback?