Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How To: Adding an OEM Tachometer Cluster on a 2005-up
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #51
cruzstyle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12277
What I Drive: 2005 white focus zx3

FF Reputation: 5 cruzstyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i added my own after market tach from summit racing for about 30 bucks and its small with a built in shift light. i think its like 3 inchs. thats a cheper way to go then getting a new cluster. because u can buy it from 2 places

1 from ford for like 400 bucks plus pay to have it programed to your car so the miles and options match

2 get one off a wrecked focus and still have to pay around 100+ bucks to get it then have it still take it to ford and have it programed to your car. or not program it at all and have the miles not match your OEM cluster and not match your DMV recored. so now u have an 06 with 60,000 miles after 3 months so your car is worth nothing now. plus all the lights in the cluster will be on unless u put black tape over the lights that go to options that u dont have IE traction control and stuff like that