Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Car stalls when making a turn...
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'd say it's a faulty intertia switch, but I thought Ford had worked out all of the issues with those long ago. I don't know why warming up would make a difference with anything though.

GM's don't have these. I once ran off a crowd of spectators from an accident because although the Astrovan was on it's roof, engine dead, it was steadily pumping fuel out onto the ground until I was able to turn the key off.

Freak things like this happen. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever new manufacturer you decide to choose from. If you're unlucky to have another freak problem with your next car- you can be assured that the manufacturer will act in the same manner as Ford. A friend's wife was nearly killed when the disc brake on the passenger side of her new Civic disintegrated causing her to run off in a deep ditch and hit a telephone pole. Honda claimed it was not their fault, and they ended up paying for the remainder after insurance. You're certainly not alone in your frustrations with a manufacturer, and Ford is certainly not the only one that has freak problems.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.