Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Car stalls when making a turn...
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #7
TheGlobster
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44234
What I Drive: 2000 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 11 TheGlobster Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Does the problem happen when the tank is full or nearly empty?

Look, just try a simple test. Get your fuel level down to 1/4 tank. Find a good stretch of empty road or an empty parking lot without cement stops. Take the car to 45 mph and turn. Try to reproduce 3 times. If you can reproduce it, then fill up the tank and try the same thing. If it stops happening, your problem is the fuel pump. If it continues to happen, it may be something else (still probably the fuel pump, though).

Pause and think how in God's name this problem could be electrical. The only way I can see is that the fuel pump needs to work harder and the power draw is bothering the electrical system. Maybe that, or the sway of the car is pinching some component. Or maybe the battery fluid is low and the sway of the car in a turn cause a broken circuit. Who knows.... Did the Ford dealer offer you an explanation of HOW the problem is electrical?

Is the battery new? Have you cleaned your injectors and changed the fuel filter? How many miles on the car and have you followed recommended maintenance?