Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - question and suggestions needed
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #23
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera26 View Post
My first race ever (19 hours into SVTF ownership), I got beaten by a Buick Regal Ultra. Talk about humbling!

I would love to see this AutoX matchup. Not that our resident noob would throw up awesome times or anything, but it would still be like watching a Hippo trying to catch a rabbit...
Or the Queen Mary tossing grappling hooks out the window to make a corner.

The biggest thing to remember is that the foci weren't designed to be straight line cars.

The best way to REALLY and I mean REALLY shut him up would be to agree to the race, but insist that you set the time and place. Meet up with him early in the morning and have him follow you to a local AX meet. Tell him that you'll put $30 on the table that says you can beat him before you get there. That's his entry fee. Then, put 10 additional PSI in your tires and the living crap out of him.

Something similar happened to me when I was 17. I had a formula firebird and a co-worker at the shop I used to work at kept talking about how his stock Jeep Wrangler could out run me any day of the week. Of course, I told him he was full of it, but finally I agreed to a race - the whole, anytime, anyplace and I'll own you kind of discussion.

You can imagine the look on my face when we went about 10 miles out of town and we pulled up to a cow pasture....

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock