Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - TRACK: Oh The Horror !!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #44
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing MemberWeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tua03332 View Post
we get a large novice turn out each event, probaly only have about 100 regulars that attend every event rain or shine. I think our main issue with safety is rookies coming off their first run not coming to a complete stop but rather cruising back to their grid spot at a whooping 30mph, with over 250 people walking thats definately not a good thing. I ususally play the 2x's rule, i warn you twice to slow down and maintain the 5mph limit while in grid/paddock, if they do it a third time, kicked off the site. We only had to do this once last year as a guy spun into the grass back to back runs. the fact we stick to our guns though means EVERYONE plays by the rules, and personally I want a 60 car event, more runs lol, we get 4 per day, i run with another region that usually gets about 60 and we get 8 runs.
We emphasize these things to at our driver meetings. I swear sometimes though it seems like a ball peen hammer is the most effective reenforcement tool. Another thing we do is enforce "walking speeds" in the paddock area.

I like a smaller field as well. We always get a minimum of 8 runs. 4 in the morning, 4 in the afternoon.

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock