Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - AX Car Class Question
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
AX Car Class Question

First of all, I finally have all of my parts lined up to get the little roller skate back in trim.

With the help of a friend and a local body shop, I've elected to do the work myself rather than have the body shop do everything.

I've been considering doing a few mods to the car and while I have it torn down for repair, it seems like a good time to go ahead and do a few.

On my list:

Rear mount (this seems to be very popular and also seems to have a lot of benefit)

New Pulley set (This bolt on seems to really help responsiveness from what I've read)

Cold Air Intake (Wrestling with brand choice)

My question is, as always the SCCA is pretty vague in their description in the rules, will these mods put me in CSP, ESP, FSP or in SM?

I've always stuck to the stock classes and so things were easy. If the mods would put me too high up on the food chain, then I will likely leave the car in stock trim. With a .803 index in GS the car is competitive. Anything higher than that, I feel like I need to run a warp drive just to keep up.

Any thoughts, suggestions, answers or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

T

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock