Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - TRACK: Oh The Horror !!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #24
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing MemberWeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusedintentions View Post
Wow...poor porsche....and i have a feeling alot of people will be denied on insurance...insurance companies won't cover your car if you are racing it in an event.....I know Geico and progressive won't.
That's a really good and relevant point.

A few years back, Mitsubishi began denying warranty claims for the EVO because people were AXing and taking them to track events. The car would blow up and the dealers would refuse to make the repairs based on "racing" the car. The owner and the car were then "black listed" in the database so that other dealerships would know. Often, mistakes were made.

Insurance and AX has been a topic of frequent discussion on these forums, not a single insurance company will honor a claim for racing. That's why AX and track events are billed as precision driving events and driving schools. Insurance companies will honor those claims.

At our local events, we are very quick to point out that people are not racing, do not use that term, do not pass go, do not collect $200. The reason being is that if a picture is posted and someone describes "Matt racing his Yugo", and it is seen by an insurance company that monitors web sites, then someone can get dropped really quickly.

Mitsubishi monitors web sites, it's not unreasonable to think that a large insurance carrier would as well. However, I have to differ to Carrera as this is his area of expertise.

Carrera - Your thoughts?

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock