Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Official Ford Focus Turbo / Supercharger Kit Feedback
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
xArmyFocusx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41537
FF Reputation: 1 xArmyFocusx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Kit Name: ATI ProCharger "tuner" kit
Cost Rating 1-10: 8
Support Rating 1-10: 9
Quality Rating 1-10: 9

Overall the kit was expensive, being that it was $3200 out of the box, not including injectors and tuning and the MAFia, but it allowed for me to make the kit my own, in a sense.

Customer support from ProCharger has been very good and they are very nice. As far as getting support from local tuners, sometimes an authorized ProCharger dealer/installer isn't right around the corner, so that's my only complaint on that.

As for quality, everything has good asthetics. Some of the piping didn't fit right, so we had to use some piping from my AEM CAI, but that worked out better because that piping is blue, so it looks nice and adds a "stealth" factor. So far I've done some long distance driving, racing and daily driving and all the parts are holding up quite well. I've even scraped the intercooler and piping a few times, but they are holding firm and still working.

Only big problem I've had so far is my tensioner pulley went out very soon after the kit went on and ripped my accessory belt to shreds. And as it stands right now, I'm getting a very loud squeaking sound from that general area, so I'm afraid it's about to go out again. I
Jason