jcar
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 21027
What I Drive: 2006 Focus ZX4 SES and 2006 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 jcar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
Have them check the alignment of the trunk lid and for flexing of the trunklid. sounds like the catch and striker arent aligned and causing it to bind. theres only so much adjustment to the catch and sometimes the whole trunklid has to be realigned to get things straight.
fold the backseats down so someone can crawl through with a flashlight and watch where its striking while slowly being closed, adjust trunk lid, repeat as necessary...

Thanks Goinloco -- that suggestion makes a lot of sense and is along the lines of what I was thinking. The dealer keeps replacing parts, but since that isn't working I figure it has to be something else. I'll bring your suggestion to them next time (have to wait a week, my wife and I are going on vacation so decided to hold off dropping it off since the loaner car will only sit in the garage all week -- dealer always gives me a loaner when he keeps it overnight, they have been very good about that, probably since I've bought 5 cars for myself and 3 more for clients from the same salesman since 2002).