Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - "HOW TO" Ebay Halo Projector led replacement (56K WARNING)
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #16
Black&Tan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9971
What I Drive: '06 Liquid Grey SES hatch

FF Reputation: 8 Black&Tan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer View Post
i got them from a chinese!
search for them on ebay.

3mm led white (or whatever color you want.)

how does my harness confuse you? you only need 1 ground. there is no reason to ground so many wires independantly. there are only 6 functions on this housing.
1. Low
2. High
3. Turn
4. City
5. Eyebrow Led
6. Halo
7. Ground

so there should only be 7 wires to connect to your ca, not 20.

When I did my lights, I wired up all the grounds to one lead and soldered them into a ring terminal. Then I wired my turns and my led's together, and my halo's and my parking lights together and connected them to a male terminal spade (basically a plug). This was all in my house before I took them out to the garage.

When I wired them to my car I only had three wires to connect per headlight(plus the headlight harness): The wires were turns (LED's and turn signal lamp), parking lights (halo's and one of the parking lamp) and ground. I grounded my lights to bolts in my frame, then used male and female spade terminals on my connections to my car. Now I can take the headlights out if I ever needed to (like if the LED's burn out) without cutting wires and having to redo everything.

But that being said, I love the harness. Did you just use the harness that came with and supply your own terminals to it? That's a fantastic idea. Much cleaner than what I did.
HN #171