Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #81
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Well, theres modding and then theres preventative maintenance. AND THEN theres "preventative maintenance modding". I have crummy rear shocks, so bring on the eibach. Stock TB butterfly was sticky (not a screw problem), 65mm tb is on now. Header was dented, had a leak, now have JBA. etc, etc. Its nice being able to justify your mods, especially my favorite...

Getting a slightly-used head and putting FR2's in it to replace the tired, noisy, out of lash 160k mile valvetrain that would have to be torn apart soon anyway.

Pretty soon, the bottom end is gonna go south, so it's best to put in some forged pistons and good rods, right? Might as well go turbo at that point for what Karl is supposedly offering :) then bada-bing, you got yourself a Z06-killer at the auto-x with 200k miles on the chassis that can win back its entire costs if you race for cash on a circuit. Ah, post-college life, I can't wait.

Small house, big garage, and a beautiful wife who is perfectly happy with it :) Sarif took the words right out of my mouth.

Worth it.

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!