Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How-To: Repair and restore rims (Surface pitting, chips, curb-rash)
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
mpcv2000
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23629
What I Drive: 01 SE + 1989 RX7

FF Reputation: 19 mpcv2000 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Very interesting.

To keep this on topic if you don't mine I will add my : how to get rid of the clear coat pealing off and mag lips polishing.

If someone has wheels in that condition :

320 Sand paper :

400 Sand paper :

600/1000 sand paper : note : Wheel on the car still has factory clearcoat ( not done yet )

2000 sand paper : note : Wheel on the car still has factory clearcoat ( not done yet )

2000 again :note : Wheel on the car still has factory clearcoat ( not done yet )

When done with the wet sanding stuff , all you have to do is use any paste to polish aluminum and more you polish better it will get..

You can also fix minor curb rash , I had a few , here's a example..note : I guess you know by now..:)

I used a drill with a san paper wheels to sand down the deep scratches , it can fix some pretty nasty scratch after it will all go away with the wet sanding procedure explained earlier.

Here's a before and after pictures , it is the exact same wheel.

After.. Bah....Note Why not....: Wheel on the car still has factory clearcoat ( not done yet )

It took about 2 hours per wheel and I have 8 wheels like that , I even did the wheels who had no issue with the clear coating , I wanted all of them exactly the same..

Since you're a moderator you can edit or delete my post if you think it doesn't belong in your thread

Last edited by mpcv2000; 02-19-2007 at 07:32 PM.