Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Gear Concept Shifter Bezel
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 08:14 PM   #1
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 535
What I Drive: MMIII ZTW, 5 spd.

FF Reputation: 1 Jake Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Gear Concept Shifter Bezel

Has anyone installed the Gear Concept Shifter Bezel?
I received mine in the mail yesterday and while I was fitting it, I noticed that the bezel is flat and the center console is curved. This means force needs to be applied to have the bezel conform to the console. Now, the install requires 4 small screws and even though the bezel will conform, it takes some force and the screws are hanging on to the thin plastic of the console.
Seems like a bad design to me so I've thought of two solutions to make things nicey nicey. One would be to sand down the bezel, with a drum sander, in the middle so it conforms to the curve of the console. Second, a small wedge to build up the front of the console to meet the bezel.
I'm not wild about either idea but think sanding would be more elegant when done.

So,,,,, if I do nothing, will the screws hold the bezel flush with the console and not pop?

Jake

PS Oh, yea. Do you know of another supplier with a different design?

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by Jake; 10-02-2003 at 08:19 PM.