Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - broken antenna
Thread: broken antenna
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
My billet shorty snapped off one winter, there was like 8" of snow on my roof and I was brushing it off, forgot about the metal shorty and snap it went. Oops. But then when I found out how cheap the base was I didn't feel as dumb, and then I made a shorty out of my stock antenna later.

Surg, you don't have to worry about the wire, if you just need to replace the base it's Very simple. I'll look up how to do it in a sec here, I think there's a how-to (maybe with pics) but it's Really really simple.

Medic, that was nice of the painting crew to cover your car, too bad about the shorty antenna. But holy crap, I can't believe the dealer would charge so much? Is it possible there was a misunderstanding in what you wanted done? Seriously, I did this in less than 10 minutes, and that included time to go find a tool that would loosen the screw. Take down the headliner, what kind of drugs are they on?!

Ok so the pics aren't awesome, but they give you a little clue. You pop the dome light off with a flat-head/butterknife, on the edge facing the windshield (you see a little niche for it), then the light hung with enough leeway to work up there, and I don't think you even need to remove the plastic bezel. Very straightforward, once you pop the domelight cover off you're golden.

http://www.teamfocus.us/antenna.htm