Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT gauge cluster color change
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
Malakai
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7435
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver EAP SVT

FF Reputation: 7 Malakai Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
SVT gauge cluster color change

I know there's a few of us who hate the "baby-poop green" color that the gauges light up with at night; conversely we DO like the silvery/white color they are in the daytime.

In my last SVT, I bought speedhut gauges and that fixed my color issue, but they're just overlays, and so you can see a "ring" around the dial with the original color coming through. Not cool. Secondary to that is that the Speedhut gauges aren't "svt". Just not the same.

On to my point: when I was mucking around with the speedhut gauges, I pulled the SVT gauges off to look at them, and they are basically the same thing... EL glow and all. I was wondering if we'd be able to get that EL material off the back of the SVT gauges and replace it with a different color (instead of the 'green'). I haven't checked it again since then, it may be white EL ... and the color has to be sanded off as well.

Has anyone looked at the gauges more closely? If this could be done, I know a bunch of us would be satisfied.

SVT Squad #226
'03 EAP SVT Boosted 260.5hp/256.5tq @ 14psi