Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Help! loud crunching noises coming from front suspension
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #7
tomsmeets
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 40078
FF Reputation: 1 tomsmeets Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
the crunching sounds are still with me...

hi,

sorry it has taken me this long to post a reply (that's what a close relative with serious health problems will do to you...). Just to give you an update:

I first of all greased all joints/pivot points, but to no avail.

Then I inspected the shock absorbers, and indeed the left shock was slightly bended. I was happy to finally have found the problem, and I changed the shocks last week. But.... the noise is still there. Have taken it to four different dealers, and no one has a clue what might be causing it.

I'm starting to really hate this focus: same day I replaced the front shocks, the waterpump went... since I didn't have any time left, I went to the dealer which cost me another 450euro (about 600 US dollars; including the distribution belt (not sure about he English word...))...

The dealer told me to look on the bright side: nearly all parts have been replaced, so I'm practically driving a new car now. Not very reassuring though...

If (notice the use of if, not when!) I ever find out what is causing the problem, I'll be sure to let you know...

thanks anyway for helping me out!

cheers,
tom