Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford Focus reliability
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
sundaydriver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32477
What I Drive: 2006 red sx4 ses

FF Reputation: 20 sundaydriver Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaLude View Post
why would you EVER recommend a ford over honda or toyota on terms of reliability?!?!?!(speaking from the exprinces i have had from cars)

the focus should be compared to civics, mazda 3s and such which they cant compare to cause ford hates the USA
He's not saying it is more reliable, but Ford is better than you think.

What he is saying is that you get good reliablility, great handling, and an unbeatable price.

With Honda and Toyota you get great reliability, good to great handling, but for A LOT more money.

The Honda fit starts at about 15k. For that amount you could get in a LOADED ses (leather, power everything, SAP) or a well-optioned ST. My well-optioned SES (CD changer, auto, air, heated seats and mirrors) went out the door at 12,263. A corolla or civic with similar options would cost around 7 grand more.

So his point is that you could get a reliable car (though not as reliable as honda or toyota) for 50% less.

And ford doesn't hate the US, they just haven't turned a profit on a compact car since the pinto (and we know how that ended!). That's why you see them focus on pickup truck sales (they make money on them). If they really thought they could sell the euro focus here for 21k (base model) they would bring it here in a heartbeat. Their marketing tells them otherwise.