Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - New England Road Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
GaryS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32600
What I Drive: 2005 Yellow ZX3, 1990 Mazda Miata (

FF Reputation: 4 GaryS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Re: New England Road Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Jborden
So I havent apid much attension to this thread lately, but I really want to get involved in road racing, not so much autocross. I am currently building my car but have stalled out becasue I am trying to figure out what club and class to run in. Should I run SCCA or NASSA. I really dont want to go bacwards in my car setup but it seems like I may have to. I am currently building my motor right now and this is a huge part of rules and regulations.

NASSA Spec Focus says I can not run my Koni suspension kit, I have to run Eibach.
Cant run my focus central race header, have to run svt

Its stuff like this i dont want to get rid of
Too bad. All forms of competition have rules. The real racer decides what class he/she wants to race in and then builds a car to the class specifications.

Go through driver's training, get your licence and build up your car for the NASA Spec Focus Series. It looks like the only class where you have a chance of being competitive. You would not be happy racing in SCCA's Showroom Stock in your Focus as it is a definate underdog.