View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
Red97sc2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5582
FF Reputation: 1 Red97sc2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
97 sc2 vs. 04 zx3

sc2 mods: aem cai and sps exhaust(catco high flow cat too)
focus: fresh fart pipe

I saw this guy with three people in his focus up ahead of me on one of the main highways in town. I passed him to see if he wanted to do a quick 15-40 and we went. I took him pretty good and we pulled over to the nearby park. He said he just bought the car(had 700 miles) and wanted to see what it could do. He also said it was stock. I noticed he had a fart pipe, so initially I thought he may have been hiding something. He tells me to follow him to a spot.

We get to the deserted place out of town where I had raced a z24 and mustang a while back. One of the kids gets out and stages us. He drops his hands, and its go time. We were more even than I thought we would be through first. I only had by a fender on him when I hit 2nd. Through second I pulled pretty good. Once I got into my high end powerband it was over for him. By the time I hit 3rd I could see him in the rearview. We got up to maybe 65 or 70 and shut it down. I was happily ahead by 2 lengths from what I could tell. Do the 04's have a bigger motor than the previous focus'? For some reason I thought they did.