Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2004 ZX3s and parts -- is there a difference?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 05:53 AM   #1
tarball
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4882
What I Drive: 2004 InfraRed ZX3 Duratec(PZEV) 2.3L

FF Reputation: 1 tarball Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2004 ZX3s and parts -- is there a difference?

Hi,

In looking around for parts for a suspension upgrade for my new 2004 ZX3 (2.3l duratec PZEV motor and "comfort package" options), I notice many parts shops are listing parts are good for 2000 to 2003 models (the zetec and SPI days) and wonder what about suspension changed for 2004? I have a few things in mind:

1) I'd like to get an SVT suspension in there (springs and dampers), but can't see a place to buy these, which leads me to:

2) Ford Racing KW parts. The Lowering springs and Ford Racing Strut Kit look good, but expensive. I am attracted to Ford parts for warranty purposes (although I think these are really KW parts?)

3) The popular - Eibach Pro-System, which seems cheaper.

I suppose for a simple lowering for slightly better appearance and handling on the daily driver, I am wondering which of these are good routes for that purpose. Where can I get the SVT parts? I think this may end up being my only mod; the Ford factory guy on the PZEV forum makes it seem that excessive intake mods for dialy driver performance are unnecessary. However, a nice drop and some 17s may be nice enough.

Thanks,

J-