View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #9
Neep
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 39242
What I Drive: 2000 Silver LX

FF Reputation: 1 Neep Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my rear end and this could be it. I'm wondering if anyone might have an idea if I'm right or not.

I've got a 2000 ford focus LX with some really horrid looking Rear Camber. I took it in to have a four wheel alignment performed, and the rear end came back as in tolerance (actualy it came back as perfect), but judging by the tire wear and just visualy looking at the rear end, the camber has to be off. It's a 2000, I've had it for 6 years now, I've never replaced a tire before hand based upon tread wear (Meaning I ran something over before the tires wore out... I'm competent like that.)

The car has been rear ended before. No huge damage there, a little fender bender in bumper to bumper traffic.... except I did have to drive off of the hood of the person who rearended me. But that was around 2002.

The biggest recent changes are new rims from a ZTX (I think) installed when I needed to get new rims due to some big damage from a large pothole (on the front end [four new rims though, but only the front hit the pothole]) They were installed about a year ago, my (now x-)girlfriend had been driving it for the last year and a half and noticed a clicking noise in the rear when you hit a bump. I can duplicate it through sharp, short changes in direction, and the rear end "floats" when going around a turn that is not completly flat (there's one turn if I hold the stearing wheel perfectly still, the rear end will sway left and right a little bit in the turn)

I'm trying to figure out what this is and what caused it, and so far my last hope after here is the dealership, where they charge me 90 bucks to look at it, and through previous repairs with them, I know they're not the most competint of folks... or cheap.

Anyone have any idea if this could be my problem, or if something else has happened to my car's rear end?

If pictures would help, I can get them, I just didn't think to.

Thanks!