View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 01:51 AM   #19
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Yes, if it won it would be a winner. Excuse the sarcasm, but that's just typically the state of being as generally defined for the word, win, for a person, vehicle, etc. that wins - he/she/it is a winner.

Quote:
Oh, and there is a LOT more to it than just a car being "narrower and shorter" for a car to be a contender.
"I think the biggest advantage the Mini has besides a better weight and better gearing..."

I know; I didn't say that was the only thing to it. Just because I make an addition to the points being made doesn't mean I'm excluding other reasons for the vehicle's driving dynamics and class winning performance.

It's a poor oversight still. An MCS or Si does not have to travel the same distance to get around or between cones as the overall larger Focus does. That means less time scrubbed off due to not having to travel that extra distance or drive that much slower to assure proper clearance through the cones. The shorter wheelbase also gives both cars a quicker steering response as well as quicker transitional movements.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil