Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT 5Door in G-Stock
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #17
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
You misunderstood our (or at least my) intent. I didn't say it was a winner; I was simply adding to Aaron's statement about the possibility and that if a driver were to win in the SVT Focus that it could disrupt the Mini craze. On paper, the Mini Cooper S is the better choice. In stock form after driving one for a spirited drive and the SVT Focus afterwards, the Mini Cooper S was clearly set up better. I think the biggest advantage the Mini has besides a better weight and better gearing is simply in its dimensions.

You don't have to post results at Nationals; we know the Mini Cooper S has been dominating and how competitive it is. The Mini Cooper S has the clear advantage, but I wouldn't go as far to say that it's unbeatable in GS.

I also think they missed the factor of size concerning the Civic Si in STS compared to the Focus in the discussion, the narrower and shorter your car is, you can carry much faster slalom speeds with the same grip. I'm not going to be the driver breaking any molds here, so this is all just discussion to me.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil