Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - European Spec Tails - MADE SIMPLE!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
Darth Focus
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Fan#: 6849
What I Drive: 1988 Mazda 323 GTX

FF Reputation: 1 Darth Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
European Spec Tails - MADE SIMPLE!!!

First, let me say I did a lot of reading and it was almost 100% useless to me, so let me break it down...

1) Remove panels, carpet, sub box, etc. to make access to the drivers side quarter panel (in the trunk). You will see two plugs, a gray and blue.

2) In the blue plug is a green/ black wire - cut it after the plug. Thats for reverse and you wont need it for the tails (you will need it when you add a lower mount reverse light later).

3) Remove tail lights.

4) At the gray plug, find the green/ yellow wire, splice in and add TWO long sections of wire. Run each wire to the tail lights. I make a small hole in the rubber grommet with the tail light harness (under the tail light that is now removed). Run your wire out to each light.

5) On the tail light plug, cut the blue wire. Make sure you leave as much room as possible to splice the blue wire later.

6) The wire you ran to the tail lights goes to the SOCKET SIDE of the blue wire. You now have parking lights/ brake. Do this for each side.

7) Now, at the two pin reverse plug, cut the green/ black wire and use some spare wire to exten a wire between the green black wire from the socket to the blue wire you cut in step (5).

8) You now have independant turns.

9) Next, on the brake/ park socket, cut some of the twist locking tabs off until the socket fits into the euro light. It wont fit perfect, but it'll go in place and mont pop out. When you put the light in, the body of the car will limit movement. For the turn socket, the euro hole is too big so you can just stick the socket in and let it chill, or get a euro blub holder, and modify your US plug to plug in. All you have to do is cut away the black outer part so you just have pretty much the white square with nothing around it. Then, it just slides right in place. Holds just fine.

Thats it....all you have to do is run ONE wire...not a wire from the front, or anything else. Everything is done at the very back.

NOW! If you want to keep your US lights and go euro turns....do all the above mentioned stuff (sockets dont need to be modified, obviously) and just add an amber blub in place of the clear reverse blub. FREE EURO LIGHT MOD!!!

..and there you have it.

Corksport IC, CFDF Clutch, 2.5" Turboback, Konis,
Suspension Tech Springs, 22mm Rear Sway, + More.