Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - MY door handles aren't opening the car doors
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
SlammedZX3WI
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36471
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 SlammedZX3WI Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
MY door handles aren't opening the car doors

Ok, my passenger door went out about mid July. And then the last couple of days, I've noticed my drivers side door was getting tougher and tougher to open. Well, tonight when I was leaving the campus, I went to open my door and the handle just came out...not off...came out. And since my f'n pass. door is broken as well, I had to climb through my f'n hatch.

I noticed that I can open and close the drivers side door from the outside as long as I don't lock it. IF I do lock it, I can't open it from the outside. And If I unlock it from the outside, It still wont open...(Has to be opened from the inside)

it's really c'ed up

I tried spraying some PB blaster in it...and it did no good

1)Where do I spray the lube?
2)Do you have to work it in or what?
3)Is this a recall thing...I see ALOT of this on here

Thanks

/f'n pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!