Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How much did you pay for your SVTF ?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #132
SVT Enthusiast
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 39034
What I Drive: 2004 Scream'n Yellow SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 SVT Enthusiast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You should seen what these SVTFs were going for on dealer lots in the 808 state!!

When I was living in O'ahu, the local 4rd dealerships were asking for MSRP +5000 MARKUP!!!
Imagine late 2003 (that's when they started to receive their EAP models) $23/24K PLUS $5K= roughly $28K to 29K PLUS they had 2002 SVT models still on the lot when I stopped by back in 2003 & in spring 2004!!!
They wanted $10K OVER MSRP for the Lightning & Cobra!!!
Dodge wanted $3500 Markup on SRT-4 & $5K for the Ram SRT 10!!! They did not even know about the SRT-6 Crossfire was even out, shows how slow it takes for new new models to hit their showroom floors.

Both 4rd dealerships did not want to even talk to me when I mentioned I had my pin# for A-plan pricing. Obviously they were GREETY!!!

So at the time, I went for the Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV.

The trend with these SVT Focus' is the really do not hold their value @ all. These cars (SVTF) were compared with the Honda Civic SI, SE-R SpecV, GTI VR6, Acura RSX, and even Mini Cooper which the SVTF got very high remarks or topped the survey.
So all & all, the guys & gals buying these used are get a bargain.