Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Word to the wise www.hypillauto.com is a RIP OFF *LOCKED*
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #38
KentSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33868
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed SVT

FF Reputation: 3 KentSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Here's some facts for ya. I've been asking for a basic tune for my Procharger install for almost a month now. I finally did get one only after threatening to go elsewhere. The only problem is, my car won't start. The tune is feeding too much fuel at start up and it immediately floods the car. I haven't heard back from Wayne about this even after I've left numerous phone messages to him and my car has not ran all week. Well, I've finally reached my breaking point, and I'm done with him. I've already contacted Tom, he's going to handle my tuning from now on.
This has not been the first time I've had problems with Wayne. I can't show you them cause Wayne deleted them.
I want to point out, that Wayne does have someone that helps him out, and that is Daeron(Keith). I have never had a problem with him and he has always helped me out. Daeron is a really good guy.
Anyway, here's actual posts of me trying to get what I paid for:
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:17 pm Post subject: Tune for a Procharger

Hey Wayne,
Just trying to cover all means of comunication with you. I just called you, so you have voicemail and I just emailed you too, I posted on FF, so I also thought I would put it on here. I need a tune file for a Procharger. Let me know what all information you need from me for the tune.
I know I will need to have it dynoed, but for now I just need a tune that will work good.
Thanks, Kent

KentSVT
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:50 pm Post subject:

Alright Wayne, buddy ol pal, I need your help here, I got the ProCharger but I can't install it until I get a tune from you. I got the S/C from Eric (TenTwelve) and he said you have his tune from his car that would probably work. Still don't know what all specs or what info you need, but I'll try to give what I know:
1. 10 lbs Procharger kit
2. Lightning MAF
3. 42 lb injectors
3. ORP
4. and ofcourse XCAL II from you

I tried calling you again, but I got your voicemail again and it's full.
Please help me out here man, I really want to get this on as soon as possible.
If you need anything else, just let me know.
Thanks Wayne,
Kent

ryancsvt
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:00 pm Post subject:

I am going to his house after work and will tell him to get you on the phone.

KentSVT
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:04 pm Post subject:

Hey Ryan, thanks man, I appreciate! But we're getting ready to leave the house also, so I won't be available tonight on the phone. See if he can send me an email or I can call him tomorrow.
Thanks again Ryan!
Kent

ryancsvt
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:05 pm Post subject:

I will tell him, he has all your contact info right and exactly what you need?

KentSVT
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:15 pm Post subject:

Yeah, he should have all my info, I'm not sure what you mean by "exactly what I need" (I'm a dumb ass sometimes) but I need a tune file that I can use with the S/C until I can get it dynoed. The guy I bought it from, Eric, told me that Wayne had sent him an XCAL II so he could download his tune onto it, and then he sent it back to Wayne. He told me his tune should work for now but if Wayne thinks he has something better thats fine, whatever Wayne thinks is best.
I just can't wait to get this thing on!!!!!!

ryancsvt
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:45 pm Post subject:

Ok I just got home I wasnt able to make it to Waynes I am sorry for that. I will get ahold of him tomorow.

Daeron
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:11 pm Post subject:

I talked to him a few ago, but he was busy fighting fires for some stuff he was working on for me.

He was going to get on the computer after he got done feeding Cody and putting him to bed, but don't hold him to that (long day for him).

KentSVT
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:24 pm Post subject:

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. The way it looks now, I won't be able to do the install until next Wed and Thur. Unless ofcourse, you guys want to fly to Ohio and do it for me!

*New thread I started*
KentSVT
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:54 pm Post subject: XCAL II tunes

Hey, if someone else has a Procharger tune and has similar mods as I do, could they copy it from there computer and send it to me? Is this at all possible?
Wayne is always so busy and I can't get............ and well, you know how it goes.
Thanks in advance for your time and answers.
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:16 pm Post subject:

I do, but it isn't fair to Wayne to be giving out the tune files to other folks (I have no idea if your subscription has expired or not).

I hope you understand

KentSVT
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:26 pm Post subject:

No, my subscription hasn't expired, but as long as it takes Wayne to respond, it will be.

Daeron
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:34 pm Post subject:

Wayne said check your email...he asked for some information from you.

KentSVT
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:14 am Post subject:

Nope, didn't get an email, must be the email problem he's having. That sucks for him trying to conduct business and his internet provider blows. See if he can send it again, multiple times.
As always, thanks Daeron,
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:06 am Post subject:

I think he needs to know how much boost you are pushing...

Hypnotic
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:06 am Post subject:

I need to know what amount of boost the kit has, either 8 lbs or 10 lbs. If you are running 10 lbs, with the 42s you are going to be on the ragged edge of the injector pulse width for that amount of boost.

As soon as you get me that info, I will get you a tune file.

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:10 am Post subject:

http://www.hypillauto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2398

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:57 am Post subject:

Would these work better? Are they any good? http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...best+injectors

Hypnotic
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:16 am Post subject:

Yes!!! I would also recommend running the factory maf, with a Diablo MAFia. If you get those parts, it will be much easier to tune.

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:26 pm Post subject:

Is this what your saying I need? https://www.justdieseltrucks.com/cgi...&key=DIATF7383

Hypnotic
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:35 pm Post subject:

Yes, I can get it for you for cheaper than that

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:12 pm Post subject:

Alright, sounds good, do you still have all my info on file? Also, I'm waiting for a response from TurboZetec about the injectors. Hopefully he still has them.

Hypnotic
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:23 pm Post subject:

He just posted a reply on there 2 days ago, so I am assuming he does. I do have all your info sir. I will shoot you a PM with the total cost.

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:04 pm Post subject:

Wayne, you get that total cost yet?

Ok Wayne, I bought those #60 injectors. Any status on the MAFia and tune file?
Thanks, Kent

KentSVT
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:05 pm Post subject:

Daeron, do you know if Wayne sent the MAFia and if he has had time to work on my tune?
Thanks, Kent

Daeron
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:06 pm Post subject:

Not sure...I do know he is pretty sick (as is the rest of his family), so I'm trying to let him get some rest until he can get back on his feet again...

KentSVT
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:54 pm Post subject:

Ok, thanks. Nothings worse than the whole family being sick, that sucks. Make sure you tell him not to be sending any viruses with it.

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:08 am Post subject:

Ok Wayne, here's the deal, I've done everything you've asked or told me to do. I bought the bigger injectors. You said you can get the MAFia cheaper than what I found, I said ok, give me the total cost and send it.
I know you've been sick and I understand that, but business is business, so if I don't have the MAFia and a tune file, preferably .xtr format, by Fri Aug 25th, 2006, then I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Please don't take this personally. It's just that I'm a busy man like you, and don't want to be jerked around anymore.
Thanks Wayne,
Kent

Hypnotic
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:25 pm Post subject:

Kent,
MAFia will be $164 shipped.

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:32 pm Post subject:

You told me it was cheaper than this! https://www.justdieseltrucks.com/cgi...&key=DIATF7383
And shipping is free over $50.

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:38 pm Post subject:

Just tried calling you and your not answering.

Hypnotic
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:41 pm Post subject:

They have changed the price on that since your orignal posting of that link. That is an INCREDIBLE price, thats lower than my COST on these items straight from my wholesaler who is Diablo's direct distributor. I think that has to be a misprint, or they are selling WAYYYYYYY below Diablo's list price. Diablo has MAP (Manufacturers Actual Pricing) just like SCT, so I think these guys are in SEVERE violation of that agreement. If you want to purchase, go ahead, its an awesome deal.

Hypnotic
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:42 pm Post subject:

I am on the phone with a customer, and typing while answering questions. Please bear with me.

KentSVT
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:50 pm Post subject:

Alright, I just bought one from them. By the way, no that was the same price it was the first time I posted it, thats why I posted it. How about the tune, will I be getting that soon?
Thanks Wayne,
Kent

Hypnotic
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:43 am Post subject:

As soon as you get the MAFia and get it installed, along with the injectors. Set the MAFia on Setting 2, and I will send you the tune.

KentSVT
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:20 pm Post subject:

Thats fine, but this is my only transportation so if I put it on and tell you ok,send the tune, I can't wait three days to get it, I'll need it that day. That's why I'd rather have everything first before I begin the install, I don't want to be stuck without my car.
Thanks Wayne,
Kent

KentSVT
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:21 pm Post subject:

Ok, I plan on doing the install next Wed & Thur (Aug 30 & 31). Will you be able to have me a tune by then?

Daeron
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:24 pm Post subject:

We'll have something posted for you on the 29th

KentSVT
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:45 pm Post subject:

Thanks Daeron! Wayne's lucky to have you around helping him like you do. Keep it up man.
Thanks,
Kent

KentSVT
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:11 am Post subject:

Ok, the MAFia came in yesterday, now all I have to get are the plugs and then I'm ready for the install, so I'm definately doing it this Wed and Thur.
Thanks,
Kent

KentSVT
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:42 am Post subject:

Hey Daeron,
Just a reminder, todays the 29th. I have to work all day, but I'll be back on later tonight.
Thanks,
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:02 am Post subject:

Don't forget that tomorrow is the 30th j/k

You should receive an email today with directions on how to download your tune files

KentSVT
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:00 pm Post subject:

Nope, no email.

Daeron
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:37 pm Post subject:

The day's not over yet.... I haven't heard from Wayne today, and he's gotta do them, so I'm trying to get ahold as we speak

Daeron
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:32 pm Post subject:

Check your email

KentSVT
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:41 am Post subject:

Got it! Thank you!

KentSVT
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:30 pm Post subject:

Hey Keith & Wayne,
Thanks alot guys! Once again, in the end, you came through for me, even with me being difficult.
The cars all together and seems to be running fine. Definitely faster than before.
I need to make some adjustments to the IC, it seems to be too low. The rubber airdamn on the IC drags on the ground. I might have to take out the Sportlines.
Again, thanks guys,
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:07 pm Post subject:

I'm running Pro-kit springs and I can scoop up roadkill with mine

KentSVT
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:53 am Post subject:

Yeah, I'll have to keep an eye out for a good deal on a FMIC. First though, I gotta get it on a dyno and see what it's running. Should I go ahead and do some data logging now? And if so, what do I want log?
Thanks Keith,
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:37 am Post subject:

Do the datalogging...right off the bat, the big things you want to look at are maf counts and air/fuel, so you will want to have a wideband air/fuel meter hooked up and being logged with everything else (trust me, it makes the tuning SO much easier to get done)

KentSVT
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:38 am Post subject:

Well, I got a problem, the car was hard to get started yesterday after everything was done, but then ran fine for the rest of the day. This morning, when I tried starting it, it wouldn't start again, just cranks over. I can smell gas under the hood, do you think the injectors aren't in right? Pretty hard to screw up, isn't it?
Thanks,
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:40 am Post subject:

I'm running that tune as well and mine did the same thing yesterday...whatever I get done, I'll send it to you beings we have the same setup

KentSVT
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:49 am Post subject:

Keith,
Do you think it's the tune then and not my injectors? Did you just install this tune on your car? Were you able to get it started? What wideband are you using?
Sorry for all the questions Keith.
Thanks,
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:30 am Post subject:

I think it's the tune dumping too much fuel in for startup and it's not warm enough to deal with it so it just floods it. I've run it for about 2 weeks, but yesterday was the first cool morning, so it just showed it's ugly head. I'm using an Innovate wideband...let me know if you are interested in one (I have one that I was going to use on the Cobra, but the gauge didn't look right in the gauge pod that I have)

KentSVT
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:49 am Post subject:

Oh yeah, I might be interested! Throw me a link or something so I can see what it looks like and how much you want for it.

Daeron
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:12 am Post subject:

It's the same one that Wayne sells. www.innovate.com is the website for it...it's the LC-1 with XD-16 gauge. I use one in my SVTF and it works great

KentSVT
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:24 am Post subject:

Keith,
Will you sell just the LC-1 kit? I don't need the gauge. How much?
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:54 pm Post subject:

It all came as 1 package, so no idea...let me get back with you on that

KentSVT
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:49 pm Post subject:

Alright, no problem. Have you talked to Wayne about the tune? I had to call off work today cause it wouldn't start. Yeah, like that really sucked, an extra day off! Starting tomorrow, I'll drive the wifies Explorer until this gets figured out. I hate to leave her stranded here at home with the kids without wheels. I'm going start looking for a beater, I think.
Man, I sure hope this is as simple as you say, getting to much fuel during start up. I've been so worried that I might have done something wrong. I tried starting it again, but same results, just cranks over and I can smell gas in the engine bay. I got my flash light out so I could see if any gas was leaking from the rail and the injectors, and it's not, so it's gotta be what your talking about. Not that I'm second guessing you, just wanted to rule out any gas leaking theories.
Kent

Daeron
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:35 pm Post subject:

Once it is warmer in the day, you can start it by matting the gas pedal, like you would for a flooded carb'd vehicle. I'll work with Wayne some tomorrow and see if we can't get it figured out

KentSVT
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:42 pm Post subject:

I can't believe I didn't try that before! I went out and did that and it started. You should have seen the raw gas coming out the tailpipe and it was running like shit. I pulled the plugs to make sure they were alright and reset the ecu and now it's running fine. Hopefully, it will start in the morning.
Kent

KentSVT
Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:21 pm Post subject:

Well, it wouldn't start this morning so I had to take the wifes car. Any word from Wayne?
Thanks,
Kent

KentSVT
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:45 pm Post subject:

Hey Daeron, heard anything yet? I haven't been able to drive the car all week (my work week is from Fri-Tue). I'm sure Wayne has been enjoying the weekend with his family but now it's my weekend(Wed & Thur) and I need to get my car running before I go back to work on Fri. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Kent

Still nothing from Wayne, but thats ok, like I said earlier, I'm done with him. Tom now has my business. It's nothing personal, I just need a little better dependability. I can't afford to be without my car for a week.