Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - PINKS: what a stupid ass show.
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #90
zetecfreak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30875
What I Drive: TURBOD Black 02 SE

FF Reputation: 9 zetecfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I think drag racing takes some skill, just not Driving skill. It takes timing, reflexes (spell wrong),and great car awareness. But, still not great skill required.

As for NASCAR not being racing. I agree, but disagree. What dosent make it racing is the Political bull shit that happens to get one guy to win instead of another. But, it does take driver skill. I know all they do is go in circles. AGREED, but the cars do not handle well. To go fast you must hang on with all you have to not spin out. I raced Go-Karts on a dirt track. While it looks easy it is not. When the Kart was really good, yeah it was cake, but when its was not it was a bit difficult.
There are only a few good forms a racing left.
Rally (almost all off road racing in general.)
NASA (ppl like us in real cars)
Auto X is but isnt. Takes great skill but you dont actually have to pass someone.
Grand Am cup, and things like it. Where they use REAL cars but build them to race.
As for Formula 1. That is a JOKE. Yeah there fast, but look at why? There stuck to the track. If the car handles bad, they adjust it from the pits. IRL, they all run wide open unless there scared. CART same as F1. Nascar to much money and dumb bull shit.