Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - PINKS: what a stupid ass show.
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 11:05 PM   #70
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally posted by orangezts
If a guys has a 10 second focus then that means he probably has an 8 second F Body because otherwise how the hell else is he going to pull it down the track in 10 seconds.

As for the having a corvette engine....So. As for being a "Race Car" I do believe the camaro gets 29 mpg on teh highway and about 26 in town straight outta the box from 98 - 02 so correct me if I am wrong but I don't know of the last time a race car got mpg similar to my wifes focus. And as for it being a gm shitbox....I wanna see you get 505 hp and 470 to the rear tires out of a pushrod motor and still have it driveable on the street.
What is your problem man? There are a few 10sec and lower foci on here, yes they are fully built race cars thats a big accomplishment getting a 4cyl car to make the power to get that kind of 1/4 mile time. The saying goes "no replacement for displacement" and its so true. Of course a larger displacement engine is going to make alot more power..duh!!. My friends Z28 does get like 25mpg on the highway but most def not 26 in town. Seriously though, you are arguing a mundane point, and you are the only one on your side. Why dont you stop and argee to disagree. Not everyone shares your exact opinons and views and you should come to realize that you are not right because thats what you think and believe. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion about what is nice and what isnt. Just because you like big honkin V8 american muscle and drag racing doesnt mean its the only thing that matters. Alot of users on here arent the least bit concerened with straight line speed and are more concentrated on AutoX and road racing. Why? because for one thats more what the focus is built for and because thats what they enjoy. So if you like drag racing and prefer larger displacement, more power to you, do what you love but dont criticize others for thinking different.

Quote:
Originally posted by 2nd_to_none
any of you guys ever read the car and driver where they took a focus zetec and dumped $125,000 into it and beat and lambo!!! now that would be a great pinks!!
actually that wasnt a zetec, they took a Focus RS and stuffed a V8 in it. Still cool non the less though

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler