Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #62
tec-9-7
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36870
What I Drive: 2008 WR Blue Mica Impreza WRX

FF Reputation: 1 tec-9-7 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Re: SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!

1. Tom Lesperence - http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?showme=Home
2. Predator
3. $380 shipped to my door
4. ~ 3 weeks
5. This tune loaded basically by the numbers - there are enough threads here about the Predator that I didn't have any issues loading. The biggest differences are in drivability. The bogging is gone (still a bit w/ AC on, but in Washington I don't use it all that often), as is the surging. The car also seems to rev much more freely in the upper RPM range. Seat-of-the-pants, the car feels quicker and more responsive. My fuel economy has plummeted in town (possible cause is a heavy right foot) to around 20-22 MPG, BUT highway mileage is now in excess of 34 MPG (w00t). My car is TC equipped, and this was not altered in the tune Tom sent me. The car has always felt reasonably quick, and this tune, subjectively, has improved on that.
6. Tom has been extremely easy to deal with - quick response to IMs and emails - I sent him a personal check, and he shipped my unit the day it cleared my bank. Good support which should come as no surprise based on his other feedback.
7. Here's my dyno chart (Dynojet incase you are wondering) - I did not dyno before modifications, and was unable to figure out how to load the Original Backup when I was at the shop and they were getting ready to close. Modifications are: Tom's tune, Focus-Sport Cool-flo (w/ HRW mod):

Assuming a standard 15% drivetrain loss for an FWD car, you can see the 152 peak hp puts this car at ~180 FWHP - not bad for a car rated at 170 from the factory.