Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Fanatics Ride of the Month Showcase
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 02:30 AM   #24
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
AUGUST RIDE OF THE MONTH(2006)

Member name: ATARU
Model: SVT (5 door)
Color: Sonic Blue

Why he loves his Focus:
"Why do I love my Focus? I have a LONG history with the car. I had always wanted a Focus from the day they first announced the car and showed the concept pics. I set a goal that I would definitely own one. Starting in October 1999 I attempted to buy a Focus and failed THREE times before I FINALLY got approved for financing and bought Sonic on August 21st, 2003. (Damn debt consolidation programs....don't EVER do one, they FUBAR your credit BIG time. :D )

I love the style of the car but I love the color of my SVT more. When I got the car the ONLY Sonic Blue SVT left in town was a ZX5 version (2003 was a short run of Sonic Blue SVTs) and I decided the color was more important to me than the number of doors, so I bought the ZX5 SVT in Sonic Blue instead of a ZX3 version in any other color. Over time I started to roll with the whole "Sonic" theme. Since the color is Sonic Blue, I manage a game store, and Sonic is fast like I try to be on the autocross course, I thought that the theme was rather appropriate.

The car has opened up new worlds to me. I've become an active member of my SCCA region and regularly autocross, I've entered many car shows, accumulated a massive Focus model collection, driven half way across the country to go to 2 different large G2Gs ([Requires Approval] and [Requires Approval]) as well as many local G2Gs, and I've also met MANY wonderful people online that I would have never met if it wasn't for owning Sonic and being a part of the Focus community.

So I love how Sonic looks, I love how it drives, but mostly I love the people I have met and the things I have been able to do with the car. That right there is the best part about owning Sonic."

His future plans:
"I have huge ideas of what mods I would like to do, but the lack of excess money to do all the mods sets in and keeps me in check. That's one of the reasons for Sonic's subtle mods. BUT, if I had the cash, here's what I would do:

ST170 front and rear bumpers
SVT sideskirts
SVT EAP Recaro seats
17" OZ Superleggra wheels in Race Silver
Powerworks Supercharger
Lightweight Flywheel
Koni Sport Kit suspension

Realistic plans in the future include:

Painting instrument and stereo bezels Sonic Blue
ST170 lights
Prothane Rear Sway bar bushing kit"

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
1998 European Focus Grill
Foglights converted to turn/parking lights
Smoked Bumper Lights
Mazda 3 Rear Wiper
2006 Focus Street Appearance Package rear diffuser
Black Brake Calipers
Shortened Stock Antenna
"GT" stripes, Sonic decal, and Autocross Number Plates by I-Zoom Graphics

INTERIOR:
Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter
Redline Tuning Dead Pedal
Redline Tuning SVT Floor Mats
Redline Tuning SVT Hatch Mat
Custom SVT Wheel Cigarette Lighter Plug
3M Window Tint - 35%

I.C.E.:
Roady XT XM Satellite Radio Receiver

ENGINE DRESS-UP:

PERFORMANCE:
Amsoil Absolute Efficiency Drop-in Air Filter
Amsoil 7500 5W30 Synthetic Oil
VF Engineering Rear Engine Mount

SUSPENSION:
Apex 1.5" Springs
KYB AGX Adjustable Dampers
P-51 Rear Shock Shims

WHEELS, TIRES & BRAKES:
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 Wheels (17x7 - 45mm)
215/45ZR17 Kumho Ecsta MX Tires

MISC.:

Last edited by Chick; 08-15-2011 at 06:06 PM.