Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - sigh...track day, dissappointed in my focus.
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
nomoreavril
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31008
What I Drive: 06 Chevy Cobalt LS 5speed

FF Reputation: 1 nomoreavril Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
sigh...track day, dissappointed in my focus.

ok...before i go onto the horrors of tonight, i have an automatic transmission, i will tell you how my first track experience was, in february:

kennedale raceway, tx. 1/8 mile track

mods:stealth cai, catback

took out my woofers and stuff, had about 1/4 tank of gas slightly worn down tires, did the little spin in the water thing every time, wheel hopped a few races and had to give up on them, average runs were about 10.6/10.7, best was 10.4

i had overdrive on OFF, and was shifting through my gears.

still wintery here, about 60/50 degrees or so, windy. just remember the 10.4

i think i beat a cobalt, saturn ion, and a cavalier, all 5 speeds.

ok now tonight.

mods:custom short ram, catback,engine swap(POSSIBLE, still no proof. more than likely that ford lied to me and is just the same engine...),motorcraft synthetic blend oil(dont know if it counts, but didnt have it back then) strut bar(doesnt matter either, i guess)
about 7/8s tank of gas(oopsie) newer tires, ignored spinny water, barely spun out on take off. i think my best reaction time or something (whatever shows up on billboard) it was like 1.66 or something like that.

had overdrive ON because lately it screws up my shifting and makes it stutter kinda..., didnt shift, someone said it could mess up my times and make me not consistent.

my best run was 10.6 !!!!! WITH MY G FRIEND IN MY CAR
every single damn time i kept running 10.9, 10.9, 10.8, 10.9,11.1, 11.0, 10.9.

someone there told me to hold the gas down, and hold my brakes at the same time, and it might help me at startoff(he had a really fast 5.0 so i believed him, although i couldnt tell a difference) i tried shifting through my gears and it didnt help me.

i beat an older like 80s ford truck or something like that, a crx who i think messed up his launch, and this chic in a hyundai elantra(i dont know why she was there, but it was an auto, no mods, and ran like 11.6s, nothing against girls but yeah)
would the 100+degree weather, and the 7/8s tank of gas matter vs the 60, and 1/4 tank?

or maybe the short ram? i still dont know the performance advantages against cold air, but i have hydrolocked my engine before dont want to go through it again.

*FOR SALE*NEEDS TO GO: FS DURATEC STRUT BAR 50$ -ZX3/ZX5 SIDE SKIRTS PM ME!!

Last edited by nomoreavril; 08-11-2006 at 01:56 AM.