Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Maine Forest Rally 2006 [Pics inside]
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 07:47 AM   #9
dmulder28
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34723
What I Drive: 2004 Sangria Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 dmulder28 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you all are intersted in seeing a stage rally live there are some websites I can direct you too. The first is, Rally-America.com. This is a sanctioning body that puts on many rallys including the Maine Forest Rally and the Maine Winter Rally. They also have events in NV, MO, MI, CO, and several other states. You might also want to go to nasarallysport.com, which puts on several of its own events, you might check specialstage.com. From here you will be able to find several rallies all over the states.
I have found from several years of being involved in rally that the best way to see a stage rally is to volunteer. Often times, especially with the new restrictions they put on spectators, you will get the best view. If I get a chance I will post some pics that I took when I was volunteering that no other spectator would have been able to take because their view was not as good.

You might also try running a local TSD rally. These are Time Speed Distance. They are not all out go as fast as you can rallies but they are great fun and a great way to get into the sport for cheap. In Michigan there is a group called the Furringroup. They put several of these rallies on a year. Entrance fee is about $25, I think.