View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #28
igor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hey All... I was gone for a while ... but let me chime in as I have been debating this for the last couple of days all over the net

1) the 08 Focus is getting a 2 bar grille, but it a full reskin - it is not a simple nosejob.. if somoene want;s to argue, I have evidence. The characrter lined will be different, the greenhouse will be different, and the interior will be likely ALL NEW.

2) the is likelihood that after the 07 jump in mileage the 08 Focus will go even further, with another 3mpg jump.. let me jusst point ut the obvious - thwis would bring the torquey D20 to 30/40 what is the same figure as the wimpy little 1.8l in Corolla and Civic.

3) I know you are all excited about the addition of the Coupe, but I have reliable information it will be at the expense of most other bodystyles - the hatches and the wagon. Whilte there is some inclarity, with all likelihood some of the three will be no more for the 2 years of this new Focus (saves Ford a lot of $$$ not to have to develop 5 different bodystyles, but simply focus on just 2 or 3; especially since this model will have a very short run)

4) the 2010 will be all new on C2 platform and it IS coming. Ford and Fields as far as trying to pull the whole global platform forward to an earlier date, but that seems to have fallen though - ETA for the C2 Focus is spring 2009.
I know you are doubtful, but it is coming.

5) I am happy to be back.. I neglected you all FF > .

Igor