Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT_CLARITY
so do you HAVE to work events when you run?

^^^^^^ilcowil. . .just so you know, i voted for you in the avatar contest. that shit just cracks me up.
Trust me, you want to work at the events. Not only is it rewarding to give back and be part of it, but you learn SO much from working the course. You get to see up close just how everybody is taking each section, and what it fast or slow. Far more informative than just sitting on the sidelines.

I too just recovered from the sunburn at the last DMVR event with Venom713. I was the event chair, so no sitting under a shade tree for me, and 12 straight hours out in the heat from setup to tear-down. I put sunblock on in the morning, but I think that it had pretty much vaporized by about noon. (a measured 120.5 degrees at the asphalt on that day, 112 air temp with heat index) I put my sunscreen right back in my box 'o racing supplies when I got home so that I don't do that again...

Hopefully we're going to have 4 Fanatics at the next event, the Mama Sam challenge. I hope to see Venom713, SonicBlueSVT, and W~Phoenix~{RC} out there duking it out for the trophy! (Des Moines Valley vs. Iowa vs. Great River regions. Iowa got the trophy last year, but they shouldn't expect to keep it! )
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...