Old 07-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
blckwdw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 27676
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 blckwdw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2002 Z-Tec auto to SVT 6-speed manual

I have heard of people doing a swap of an auto tranny to a 5 speed manual, but I would like to go one step further and go from the auto to the 6-speed. I have searched around and not found much info on this subject of tranny swaps. I would like to collect all the information I can on this and do it before the summer is up. I know some about cars and engines, but nothing about transmissions other than how to use them. I have drivven the 5 speeds and love them, and then I drove a 6-speed tranny on a stang and had to have it in my car. I know it can be done, but I don't know how or where to begin. I would like to get a list of parts, prices, labor needed. I would also like to sell my tranny after the install, or trade plus money. The Focus I own is a 2002 ZX5, I would also like to purchase a new chip with it because I know there will be probs with a stock auto setting profile and a 6-speed manual tranny. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, I will pay more if one person can get the parts, install, and sell auto for me. Once again, thanks in advance!!!