Tire: Falken Azeni RT-615
Usage: SCCA Solo2 AutoCross (STS class) and Daily Drivers.
They Completely blow the Hankooks (RS2) out of the water!
1) The sidewall is noticeably stiffer (even with the larger size).
Turn in response is greatly improved.
2) Treadwear is much better considering I've run several events with them already.
Currently the Azenis have almost 6,000 miles on them and still show 3/16" till they hit the wear bars.
IIRC, they started at 1/4" depth to the wear bars.
On Track Notes:
(again, comparing to the Hankook RS2)
1) These tires can be pushed much harder before they reach their limits.
2) Transitions from braking to turning, then heavy accleration are much better.
I'm not seeing nearly as much slip from the tires, just mega grip.
I also noticed I can get on the gas much sooner out of a turn, with little or no tire spin.
3) I'm running 4-6psi less in the front, and still don't have any problems with rolling the sidewall.
Most events have been at 40-42psi,
though a couple times I've ran them up to 44psi on a really tight course with lots of direction changes.
I'm expecting 10,000+ miles out of these tires for daily driving and AutoCross duties.
(That's about 1 set per season, as I run dedicted winter tires when the snow hits)
I've been rotating them after every event, and treadwear is extremely even between all 4 tires.
And before anyone asks due to the 225/45/17 size...
NO, they don't rub at all. (Stock springs and stock wheels)