Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus Fanatics Ride of the Month Showcase
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 01:20 AM   #23
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 184,742, Level 100
Points: 184,742, Level: 100 Points: 184,742, Level: 100 Points: 184,742, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
JULY RIDE OF THE MONTH(2006)

Member name: UTAHSVT
Model: SVT (5 door)
Color: Infra-red

Why he loves his Focus:
"I have always been interested in cars, mostly looks and sound but after F&F 1 (I know that sounds gay) performance started to catch my eye. I had a couple of uncles who owned some sweet cars: Chargers, Challengers, Trans Ams, Cameros, and restored Vettes and I told myself that I was just going to get a car, make it look good first, then sound good, then go fast. I didn't even buy my first car until I was 26 yrs old, it was a Champagne silver '99 Honda Accord V6. Well, with my first mod being Altezza tail lights (lol) I guess I caught the modding bug and ended up doing a little of everything all at once!!! I ended up probably spending $6000 over the next 2 yrs doing different mods including rims, suspension, body kit, I/H/E/UDP and a custom 2-tone paint job that ulitmately was the demise of the Honda for me --- real, real bad expereince. So, I had driven by a Ford dealership a few times on my way to work and they had an Orange and a Black SVTs out on the lot that always piqued my interest. I went in talked with the salesman and started getting visions in my head of what my next car might look like. I had always liked the body style of the Focus, honestly I was a little more partial to the sedan but the hatches looked good too. The number one feature that attracted me to the SVT (at first) were the projector headlights. I mean come on, is there a better looking set of headlights out there? I don't think so. But then I got to learn a little more about SVT and I ended up making a trade in deal for the Focus. My first color option was supposed to be black, but they didn't have any more in stock so they found a brand new Infra-Red one that only had 22 miles on it. I said' "Let's do it" and the rest is a work in progress. I love having a car that doesn't look like anyone elses. I love the fact that it is a limited edition car (I believe mine is one of 99 '04 infra-red ZX5's) and I love the power optioins, moonroof, 6-speed tranny, leather seats, gauges and of course the amazing off the showroom floor performance with room to improve!!!!"

His future plans:
"I' m pretty close to being done with most major mods and having the car the way I want it. In the future I would definitely like to fab up a FMIC for the ProCharger, possibly change front bumper to a Euro style or F2's. Maybe upgrade to the 15lb pulley kit too. Thank you to everyone who voted for me to be July 2006 Ride of the Month. This a GREAT forum and I have learned a ton from all the cool people on here. Thank you!!!!"

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
BuddyClub2 front bumper
Xenon side skirts
VIS carbon fiber hood
WRC "style" wing
Custom blacked-out Mach HID headlights
Euro grill
5% tint all around back, 12% in front

INTERIOR:
Autometer Ultra-lite boost and A/F gauges
Ford Racing short throw shifter