Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2006 (maybe '05) fog light mod problem (w/pics)
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
gimp_my_ride
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 36983
What I Drive: 2006 Dark Toreador Red Clearcoat Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 gimp_my_ride Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2006 (maybe '05) fog light mod problem (w/pics)

sorry for the large images, but i wanted to make sure it had enough detail inside the connectors.

I've looked all over the boards and can only find the usual R13-R12 jump or the R13 single wire mod. I've seen that other people with the '05 seem to be having the issue too so i figured i'd post a pic to see if this is what they're seeing also.

i have a 2006 ZX3 with factory fog lights but (as you see here) i do NOT have the R13 and my manual lists R13 as being "not used" so i'm lead to believe that either it's been moved or hard wired somewhere. some people have said that they've modded it successfully but they never post a pic of what the mod looks like or even give a general idea of what they did.

This is how my underhood fusebox looks without any changes. My daytime running lights (R12) have the wiring but no relay. i jumped it to verify functionality (i may hook those up at some point )

the spot where the foglights are supposed to be (R13) has no wiring at all.

YELLOW - R12, Day Time Running Lights (also part of the foglight mod on the '00 - '04
GREEN - R13, the spot where the foglight mod is done on the '00 - '04
RED - this is where you can see whether there is wiring or not

here is a wider view

------

so, if one of the people that has successfully done the mod on a 2005 or 2006 model focus (zx3 preferably) could post HOW they did it, i'd be infinitely appreciative.

also, if anyone else that has tried to mod their '05 or '06, and run into the same problem, let post what (if anything you found out).

Thanks