Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Open Track Day at PIR on July the 10th
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #9
sfseals
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7923
What I Drive: 2004 ZX3 2.3L

Points 588, Level 11
Points: 588, Level: 11 Points: 588, Level: 11 Points: 588, Level: 11
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 sfseals Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thanks Jim for the plug, and for turning me on to this awesome track day. I have had an ear to ear grin on my face since Monday afternoon.

I was able to run 3 sessions in the yellow/novice group, the first 2 with Scott, the above mentioned instructor- as well as ride along with him in his Porsche for 2 sessions in the intermediate group (where Jim was driving). This instruction was extremely beneficial in helping me pick the right lines into the corners during the 3rd session when they cut me loose.

I was very happy with how my relatively stock car handled/performed out there in the midst of some very high-powered vehicles. The Spax 1.4" drop springs/shocks I recently installed had me riding on rails out there, with very little body roll in the corners as the photos can attest. Could use some more power in the straights, but really feel more speed is no substitute for solid driving skills! For this type of track, money is better spent on brakes and suspension.

Here are some photos from my camera as well as the photographer working the track. (Sorry for the watermarks, I haven't paid up for my pics yet!) Included is a shot of the above-mentioned mashed up Viper.

http://www.calle22.net/track

And, apologies to Paul for booting him out on the 3rd lap of session 3 after we were black-flagged twice: the first for not wearing gloves, and the second for Paul's short sleeved shirt. .

See you all again in September!

Rob R.
Seattle WA

Last edited by sfseals; 07-11-2006 at 10:22 PM.