Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Open Track Day at PIR on July the 10th
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #8
Jmustang68
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14878
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Jmustang68 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well a good time was had by all aside from a new Viper that had it's rear passenger side smack a wall and a 800hp Supra that lost some internals and layed some oil on the track.

I got to give rides to several people durring my on-track times in my run group and the highlight of my day was when I planted my butt in the passenger seat of a Ford GT and got to take some hot laps. It was AWSOME!! That car feels so planted in the corners, you would swear there was magnets on the underside that liked asphault. The acceleration was really impressive. The car had less than 1000 miles on it, so the driver was not really nailing the throttle, but we still did over 120mph on the back stretch.

A friend of mine got to ride with another guy that was racing a new Noble. It is a small lotus looking car that has a turbo V6 for propulsion... he was not dissapointed with his ride either.

Paul showed up and I gave him a ride for one of my sessions. the second session we started in, I got out on the track late and only for 2 laps in, but I think he still had fun.

Sfseals showed up and ran his zx3 on the track and seemed to have a great time. he made the treck all the way from Seattle!! He was able to have an instructor ride with him to help him make the most of his track time and then he got to ride with the instructor in his 944SC. He said he liked being able to explore his car's handling potential. It is pretty cool to know just what all your car is capable of.

So here is the invite for the next track day! It is on Sept 26th. (a Wednesday). Any and all that want to come and race or just get some rides are welcome! Get the day off now! LOL
SVT Squad Car #112