Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What car did you own before your Focus?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #137
iantm
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4167
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE MTX

FF Reputation: 3 iantm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Let's see, from first to current, here we go.

2000 Ford Taurus SE wagon red/grey (mom's car that I learned to drive on)
1989 Acura Integra LS black/black- the forgotten 1st generation integra, great car, pop up headlights
1986 Volvo 740 turbo wagon red/tan - had the turbo + package, nice and quick
1989 Mercury Sable GS sedan white/blue - total POS - tranny, radiator failure, car was literally crumbling, force feedback steering wheel
1990 Volvo 740 GL wagon gold/tan - solid, but slow. Great car - not too fun
1988 Volvo 780 bertone coupe black/grey - gorgeous, rare, fun, prv6 engine melted down within a week - dealer took it back
1994 Saturn SC2 Red/Black - great car, all the fun and power of the integra, cheap to run. Only car to die in the line of duty - hit by a DUI hit and run when the alternator gave out
1999 Hyundai Accent White/grey - everyone makes a mistake - this was mine (an epileptic seizure forced me to sell the car - something I didn't mind)
1988 BMW 535i Gold/tan - Beautiful, fast, powerful. 200k+ miles, ran like a dream - trading it in was the biggest mistake I ever made
1999 Ford Contour SE Sport Red/Grey - v6, five speed, great handling, easy to manuever, fun to drive (another car I wish I hadn't traded in)

and now my current car

2002 Ford Focus zx3 black/charcoal - bought at 23k on 2/29/04, as of 7/5/06, it's got 67k on it. Three transaxle rebuilds, two steering racks, lord knows how many tires and brake rotors and pads later, here we are. God I wish I had the BMW or Contour instead.
MacBook Pro 15"