Old 06-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
refemall
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33052
What I Drive: 2000 Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 refemall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Broken Rear Window

Ok, well the window isn't actually broken. Rather, it's more of a problem of the window no longer going up and down automatically.

My Focus has eletronic windows, and for some reason, the mechanism that connects to the rear passenger side window has broken free from the window itself. When I push the switch to lower the window, I can hear the mechanism lowering, but the window simply stays in place, until I give it a nudge to drop down into the door. The window is basically floating free in the door though. I can grab it, and lift it simply. When I push the switch to put the window up, the window does go up, but only because the mechanism is pushing on it from beneath, and the window has nowhere else to go.

I was hopong I could fix this myself, and actually had the entire interior door panel off, only to realize the window is in the door itself. I'm not sure i can get in there to even do anything to it.

So, any suggestions on what to do about it? Should I take it to the dealer, or my mechanic, and what do you suppose the cost might be?

Thanks.